It strikes me, having read so many artists’ lists about their intentions for the coming year, that reading blogs is like being in a meeting where, after six people say things you agree with, you feel that you don’t need to repeat what’s been said, or
like sharing a group dream, where a single stimulus/image becomes a shared experience of association and meaning.
So many wonderful intentions and ideas out there! And here I go.
I consecrate 2010 to–
- using tools I already have to work on myself.
- playing with the idea that there is space around everything, even around my problems… to look for it, and step into it.
- adopting the idea that I have to build in time for clean up.
- gaining mastery by consciously copying master quilters, experimenting, and making mistakes and ugly things, if need be (more on this tomorrow).
- creating avenues of access to deadlines, specs, patterns — two new basement file cabinets will help here.
- learning from teachers in my midst — like Jack the Cheese Corgi
who loves to go to the Upper Field and investigate its edges, and later, sleep on an unfinished quilt.
- learning to discharge with something other than bleach.
- giving my boys food the second they walk in the house in the p.m. and letting go (more or less) concerns about what gets eaten (or liked) at meal times.
- using the real sights of my immediate neighborhood as quilt subject matter.
- drawing more.