The red stripes marked where I was adhering fabric with the sticky tape, and even though there are so few, I managed to gunk up the iron by touching a piece. Boo hoo! I had to stop & clean the iron before calling it a day. Because quilting through anything with glue is not great, I kept the sticky tape pieces small and away from edges.
This is possibly a piece that I would have liked the outcome a little better had I decided to go toward gesso rather than thread. Hard to know, now, but the spontaneous feel of collage often is diminished by the finishing process. In this case, the original design stayed put, and I wouldn’t say the quilting took away from it, but it doesn’t really enhance it either, which it should.